Hello sisters! How are you?
Today I have a new YouTube video for you! This took quite a bit of work, and I was close to giving up, so I’m glad I stuck with it and got it done for you all 🙂
Follow the 10 easy steps to create your own simple notebook. Then find some extra ideas at the end for how to fill a notebook. Hope you like it!
What you need:
- Card – one piece for cover, any size you like! I used A4
- Paper – 8-12 pieces for inside pages, same size as cover
- Patterned paper – for endpapers (optional)
- Craft knife
- Awl/sharp pointy tool
- Strong thread
- Large needle
- Clips – paper clips or bulldog clips
- Plastic bone folder (optional)
What to do:
- Fold cover in half with short edges together. Use bone folder to get sharp crease.
- Stack inside pages together and fold as in step 1.
- Trim long edges of closed inside pages, using ruler and craft knife.
- Open out cover and inside pages, and secure together with clips. You can also add ‘endpapers’ between cover and inside pages using a piece of patterned paper.
- Mark three points along inside spine of notebook, using pencil and ruler. First find the centre. Then measure an equal distance either side between centre and edges, for the second and third points.
- Create three holes where you marked in step 5 using an awl/something sharp. Remember to protect your surface and be careful!
- Cut string, three times the height of notebook.
- Thread needle.
- Sew spine:
- Inside centre hole > outside, leave excess to tie at end!
- Outside centre hole > bottom hole
- Inside bottom hole > top hole
- Outside top hole > centre hole
- Outside centre hole > back to start position
- Tie ends and trim excess.
Finished!!! How easy was that?!
Ideas for filling a notebook:
- Lists: to-do, favourites, wish-lists, playlists
- Ideas, projects, planning, brainstorming, note-taking
- Daily/weekly/monthly/yearly schedules, plans, appointments and meetings
- Personal thoughts, feelings, reflections
- Creative writing: lyrics, poetry, stories
- Gratitude journal
- Collage, mixed media
- Drawing, sketching, designing
What do you use notebooks for? Have you tried making your own notebook before? Leave a comment below or over on my YouTube channel if you try my tutorial. I’d love to hear your feedback!
Remember to subscribe to my channel for more tutorial videos in the future, as well as adventures outside, plus more personal and creative-process/behind-the-scenes videos coming soon!
On the blog this week:
- Friday: Class resumes with part two of Love Lessons. Have you done your homework from the last lesson yet?!
- Sunday: Playtime number 10. A mixtape from me to you!
- Wednesday: My next YouTube video. This time I will be sharing another outdoor adventure!
See you soon sisters 🙂
Peace and love,