On this lovely blue-skied Wednesday I bring you a brand new YouTube video! Recently I found a couple of new pen pals, and decided to share the process of making a pen pal letter.
This video includes five simple steps for putting together a cute letter, with lots of sweet crafty ideas for you to try!
Below is a summary of the steps and ideas included in the video for reference.
1. Introduce yourself
- Write some basic facts about you in a pretty card.
- Sketch a map of where you live/your country.
- Draw a self-portrait and add labels, such as eye-colour and favourite jewellery.
- Give some recommendations for films, T.V., music and books.
- And of course, write a letter! Talk about what you’ve been up to and your dreams for the future.
- It’s also nice to add stickers and stamps for a finishing touch.
2. Make something
- I made a small notebook. You can see how I did this in my simple notebook tutorial video.
- You could also paint or draw a picture.
- Make a collage or mixed media piece.
- Sew something small or weave a friendship bracelet.
- …or make anything else that is easy to post and isn’t breakable!
3. Add cute art and craft supplies
- Fun stickers.
- Bookplates – these usually have nice illustrations and are self adhesive.
- A washi tape sample.
- Some sticky notes on a postcard.
- Buttons and ribbon.
4. Wrap them up
- Use pretty paper bags to make sweet packages for your pen pal to open.
- Close these with washi tape, and write a label.
- You could also use a wax seal on the envelope with your letter.
5. Put it all together!
- Finally put everything together in a large envelope.
- Make the package extra special by adding some doodles (this is easier when the envelope is still empty).
- Add your pen pal’s address, as well as your own address (in case they don’t have yours yet, or the letter gets lost).
Then all that’s left to do is post your lovely letter! Let me know if you try any of these ideas, and what you thought of the video.
Coming up I will have a blog post this Sunday, and then (hopefully) another YouTube video next Wednesday! I’m taking things slow around here so I can concentrate on creating top quality content, rather than a large quantity of posts, and get back to drawing and painting as well.
Have a beautiful day sisters!
Peace and love,