I am feeling so positive and inspired right now, and busy doing all the creative things, that I’ve gone completely off course with my weekly blog posts. Sorry!!! The weird thing is, I’m not beating myself up about it, because in the last few weeks I’ve been so full of creative energy all the time!
I will share more of what I’ve been creating, and the things that have been inspiring me, in this Sunday’s Dear Diary blog post.
For now though, seeing as it’s August already, I would like to share my list of Happy Highlights from the last few weeks; all the little things that made me smile, and the slightly bigger things that I’ve achieved.
- My new day-job is going really well! I feel like I actually fit in for once, and I’ve been given a few extra responsibilities which I haven’t had in previous jobs.
- … But alas, I have to leave! If you read my last blog post, you will know that I’m moving half way across the country in just a few short weeks. This is also a highlight though, because I’m ready for a big change!
- My parents visited for a special weekend with me and Fraz. We took them out on some adventures around Bristol, and treated them to a homemade three-course vegan dinner, and then had a bit of a sleepover!!!
- I received replies from both of my new pen pals! They were both so sweet, and I am just itching to write my replies. I also plan to film a little ‘what I received from my pen pals’ video, since my last pen pal themed video was so popular.
- Speaking of which, my Pen Pal YouTube video now has almost 2,000 views! TWO THOUSAND!!! WHAT!? I am so grateful that so many people have watched my little video. Of course, it has given me lots of motivation to get more videos finished soon, and get back to my weekly schedule. First though, I need to move house!
- I have been getting creative offline though, mainly doing some collaging/painting, and making a ‘junk journal’, which is something new I’ve just discovered. I’m also taking part in a journal collaboration with some lovely ladies on Instagram. More on these things very soon!
- I started reading ‘Big Magic’ by Elizabeth Gilbert, and I absolutely LOVE it! Elizabeth opens your eyes to what creativity is, your relationship with it, and how you can change your view of it for the better. Everyone should read this book (and listen to her podcast and watch her TED Talk)!!!
- I completed the Yoga Camp 30 day home practice from ‘Yoga with Adriene’ on YouTube, and I feel great! I have really enjoyed spending time on my body, and connecting my breath with my movements, as well as discovering what I am capable of, and visualising what I could do if I keep working at it. Highly recommended.
- When I want to chill out, I’ve been watching ‘Anne with an E’ on Netflix. Based on ‘Anne of Green Gables’, it is a beautiful series, and the actor who plays Anne will blow you away! I love her!
- Fraz and I discovered a couple of places that do awesome vegan pizzas, and we’ve even been making our own from scratch! I’m super happy about this, because pizza is probably my favourite thing to eat!!!
It’s been a fun-filled month, and I know that August is going to be super crazy but fun too!
The regular ‘Dear Diary’ Sunday blog posts will be back up and running this month. In the meantime you can find me over on Instagram, where I post almost every day, sharing some colourful snapshots of my creative adventures.
Have a fabulous week sisters!
Peace and love,