The first month of 2018 has come and gone, and at this time I like to look back on the past few weeks and consider what made me smile and what I achieved; my happy highlights!
In January I…
- Took part in Yoga with Adriene’s 30 day yoga challenge ‘True’ on YouTube. She is the best!
- Went to see Star Wars at the cinema with Fraz, followed by delicious vegan pizza at Klay in Hanley.
- Enjoyed a video call to my mum & dad! The first of many I hope!
- Went on some quick walks up to Lowe Hill for fresh air; trying to make this a daily habit.
- Started making a junk journal from a vintage book and some random, pretty, scrap papers. When it’s finished I will use it as a visual diary/journal/experiment space, and will share a YouTube tutorial for it too!
- Created and uploaded THREE videos: an ‘Inspiration Wall’ tutorial, a two month sketchbook tour and my portrait service announcement! Watch them all on my YouTube channel.
- Started volunteering at a local charity shop – whilst I continue my part-time job hunt – to interact with other human beings and show that I am doing ‘something’.
- Observed the snow falling again! It is so peaceful and magical.
- Ate delicious homemade vegan pizza. Thanks Alison!
- Went on a family day out to Carsington Water – my first time there.
- Launched my portrait commission service on my Etsy shop.
- Submitted an illustration to the open call for Flow magazine’s 2019 calendar! Fingers and toes crossed!!!
- Completed another month of my 365 day art challenge – possibly the best so far!? I loved using watercolour, and feel like my work developed/improved a lot.
Below is my new visual for the fourth month of my 365 day art challenge! The new theme for February is patterns. After enjoying watercolours in January, I plan to focus on using this medium by going back to basics and turning some key techniques into fun and colourful patterns.
Stay creative sisters!
Peace and love,