Hello and Happy New Year 2018!
Sunray Sister is back on the blog! How are you all? I will be sharing a big 2017 review and 2018 goals post this Sunday, so stay tuned for that.
For now though, I need to do my Happy Highlights for December, AND share the new theme for my 365 day art challenge (which I have already started using over on Instagram).
As you might expect, with three big celebrations in December, last month was jam-packed with goodness. Let’s take a look back over my happy highlights…
- Published three new videos: ‘Autumn Favourites’, ‘Opening Letters from Pen-pals’ AND ‘Portrait Drawing Process’! I was really pleased with all of them, and especially happy that I followed through with my schedule. More on that this Sunday!
- Wrote to my new pen-pal Mandy. I created a really cute themed package using Stellaire’s printable kit.
- My Instagram/art got featured in one of By Bun’s videos (this video to be precise, at 11:50), after using her hashtag ‘by bun art gang’. I was so hysterical when I watched Roxanne talking about my work!!! I love her work so much!
- Drew live portraits for the first time at a local Christmas fair. I was so nervous, but the response was great, and I hope to do more in 2018.
- It snowed! Lots! Between the 8th-12th there was a magical white blanket over everything. Of course some outdoor fun ensued, and snowboards were involved.
- Fraz & I had a lovely dinner at Tom & Rosie’s house, including playtime with Fraz’s niece and nephew.
- Painted pictures as gifts for my close family. I was so happy with the results, which has given me a gigantic confidence boost in my artistic abilities! More on that soon!
- Visited Bristol, and had long-overdue catch-ups with old friends, and my brother and niece. As well as checking out the Arnolfini’s Grayson Perry exhibition.
- Visited Herefordshire, and stayed with my parents, in their lovely house which had been transformed into a winter jungle, complete with huge, natural decorations draped from the ceilings and over the fireplace that my dad made from some garden waste!
- Visited Reading to see my grandad, uncle and aunts. We had a lovely meal and catch-up with everyone.
- Enjoyed a relaxed Christmas (after a bit of stress, as usual, getting everything ready), including vegan tofu, spinach & cranberry pastry wreath, as well as a walk, presents, TV & snuggles on the sofa!
- Visited my grandparents house (near to my parents house), where we enjoyed tea, mince pies and more catching-up, plus a quick walk to clear out the Christmas fog.
- It was my birthday on the 27th! One of my sisters visited and we all went on a lovely long walk, involving lots of selfies!
- Returned to the north and straight into a huge family meal with 11 around the table, plus the newest addition to the family, Alexa…!
- Rearranged some furniture in the lull between Christmas and New Year. I moved my desk to a new position by the window, which feels awesome! I also changed my dressing table in the bedroom, so my small jewellery collection is on display, rather than hidden in a drawer.
- Visited Nottingham for New Year’s eve with Fraz’s friends, featuring board games and cards into the early hours of New Year’s day!
Woaaaaaaaah-eeeee, so many great things! No wonder I had a rather slow and sleepy start to the new year.
Before I go, here is the image for January’s theme of OBJECTS. In case you missed it, I started a 365 day art challenge in November. To make 12 months a little easier to digest, I set myself a theme for each month (you can find them all in the second image below).
I share my art everyday on Instagram and Facebook. If you would like to join in, simply create an image in response to the theme, use my hashtags #sunraysister365 & #sunraysisterobjects, and tag me @SunraySister, so I can see your work!
See you again this Sunday for that 2017 review and 2018 goals post I mentioned. Stay creative sisters!
Peace and love,