How are you? I am a little late with my Happy Highlights post, which I usually share at the end of each month, but we’re now half way through another month! It’s ok, I forgive myself. In these posts I like to look back on the previous few weeks, and consider which moments made me smile, and which achievements made me feel proud.
Even though the month began with lots of snow, it ended with some hopeful glimpses of Spring; both literally and in terms of things gradually coming together in my creative career!
My Happy Highlights for March 2018…
- We had a lot of snow! It caused a bit of trouble and changed plans, but I still found it so magical.
- Continued teaching piano, gained a couple more students and shared my poster to get even more students hopefully!
- Went to a Susanne Sundfør gig with Fraz. She is BREATHTAKING! Please go and listen to her music now! I also had the best day exploring Stockport and Manchester by myself, stumbling across all sorts of interesting places.
- Had a curry tapas meal out with Fraz and his parents. Yes, curry tapas! It meant we could have a few little dishes, and experience lots of wonderful flavours.
- Video called mum and dad; which is always lovely!
- Got to do some window displays for the charity shop where I volunteer. I really love creating fun displays!
- Secured a stall at the ‘Party in the Park’ event in Leek this June. Looking forward to selling my art and drawing lots of sunny, happy faces!
- Entered a national art competition, which also meant writing my artist statement. I found this super hard for some reason! But I’m glad I’ve got one now; I might add it to my ‘about’ page here on the blog.
- Discovered a new direction and freedom in my 365 day art challenge. I explained more in my previous blog post, which you can read here! Remember to follow my daily progress on Instagram and Facebook.
- Went out on a long walk along the canal for the first time; it was so peaceful! I love exploring new places so much!
- By the end of the month there were lots of happy signs of Spring; in particular I’ve been noticing all the birds singing sweet songs. I can’t wait to see more flowers and full green trees everywhere!
I’ve already done so many exciting things during April, which I can’t wait to share in my next Happy Highlights post, and possibly in that newsletter that I keep meaning to start!
Peace and love,