August has been a jam-packed and life-changing month for me! And today I am feeling so sleepy; perhaps you will see why when you read about all the brilliant things I got up to last month below…
What made you smile and feel alive this month?
- We watched the Perseid’s meteor shower with some friends – it was the first time Fraz has seen a shooting star!!! We saw so many; it was breathtaking and so magical.
- I’ve been getting creative with an Instagram art journal collaboration. Will share more soon!
- I got a postcard from one of my new pen pals, Stephanie in Puerto Rico. It’s not even her turn to write, so it was extremely sweet of her to send a postcard on her holiday! I love snail mail so much!!!
- My last work shift at Colston Hall was a Flaming Lips show. I got to watch almost the entire gig, and it was CRAZY AMAZZZZZIIIINNNGG!!! There were giant balloons, a huge inflatable robot, a light-up gong, a ride-on light-up unicorn, a giant bubble that the singer was inside and used to crowd-surf, glitter and colour and flashing lights everywhere… plus their songs are so cool! Highly recommend seeing The Flaming Lips live.
- We got some really thoughtful leaving gifts from our @Bristol work friends, including handmade flags, cute teddies, cards and a hamper filled with vegan goodies! Plus we’ve received some lovely cards from friends and family wishing us well on this new adventure.
- On our final night in Bristol we watched ‘Planet of the Apes’ on the big screen outside @Bristol (in the rain), with a good friend from BIMM who we hadn’t seen for ages. It was a bittersweet night, and it still doesn’t feel like we’ve really left Bristol!
- We moved to Leek in Staffordshire; new to me, but old to everyone else, since Fraz grew up here! But I feel so lucky to have a cosy home already, and have so much beautiful countryside to explore.
- We’ve had fun sharing vegan food with Fraz’s parents, with mainly positive results! I love sharing positive knowledge and actions with people.
- Fraz has a car!!! It feels so weird to be able to drive anywhere, just the two of us, without needing public transport or a lift from anyone else. It’s almost as if we’re adults now…!
- We went to the Big feast fest in Hanley with Fraz’s brother, his fiancée, and their two children. There were some amazing street performances/theatre shows, and we found a vegan café. Great company, great entertainment AND great food!
- Then we all went to Peak Wildlife park the next day with Fraz’s parents too. It’s a really nice open-style zoo in the middle of the countryside, and I even took the opportunity to do some sketching from life. Find some examples in my latest Instagram post, and look out for more in a blog post soon!
- The following day the adventures continued, as me and Fraz visited Cannock Chase, an ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’ (with a GoApe course which I am super keen to go on!) It was really hot and busy, but we still had a nice time wandering around the woods.
- After a day off we visited Castleton in the Peak District on Wednesday. We went inside the Peak Cavern and climbed up to Peveril Castle. This little village took me back to childhood/teenage holidays in the Peak District, Lake District and Snowdonia; quiet old villages, wild rolling hills and stunning endless views.
- Wednesday the 30th was also my mum’s birthday! I sent her a card and gift, and had a lovely conversation over the phone. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful mummy!
- I found some great creative books at Leek library; they are giving me lots of creative ideas, and are helping me to focus on what I really want to create. More on that soon too!
…and that was August for me. Big changes and lots of adventures. What were your best bits from August? What were all the special moments and big achievements that added up to make your happy highlights?
Share your stories in the comments below, or find me over on Instagram or Facebook! See you back here for another Dear Diary post this Sunday, and possibly a YouTube video on a Wednesday sometime this month… fingers crossed!
Have a beautiful week sisters.
Peace and love,