It’s that time again, the end of one month, and the start of another! At this time I like to share all the little things and moments that brought me joy in the past few weeks, and I call this list my Happy Highlights. (I’ve been using a ‘5 year diary’ to record how each day has been for the past few months now, and this helps me remember all these things that go into my list.)
My Happy Highlights for November…
- I started my 365 day art challenge! I’m now at day 33 and going strong. Plus I am really enjoying it, and discovering little things about my style and process.
- Went out to a local fireworks display, which was very DIY! It was exciting though!
- The following day me and Fraz had lunch at our favourite café in town, called Penguin, and walked around Rudyard lake. It was lovely!
- Had a good long chat with my parents; must do this more often!
- Went to London for a weekend. Fraz needed to go for work, which was so amazing, because he is doing so well in his new job. We also got to spend time with my sister and her boyfriend, in their new flat and neighbourhood, for a lovely catch-up. Additionally I had some time to myself; I treated myself to new art supplies and a visit to the V&A, (plus I successfully navigated the underground!)
- I got some of my handmade notebooks and Christmas cards stocked in a local shop, which is a big step for me!
- Had fun using gouache paint. I rediscovered the magic of colour mixing, and the freedom of using a brush and paint to flow around the page.
- Fraz’s sister had her second baby, called Alison Artesia. We haven’t met her yet, but she looks so cute and tiny in photos!
- One Saturday morning we had freshly baked cinnamon rolls (thanks to Jus-Roll!), and homemade pineapple, banana, almond & ginger smoothies. Yum, yum, YUM!
- I filmed two new YouTube videos! The first was published in November, and is all about my Etsy shop. I’ve also just released the second one at the start of December, which is a fun chatty video sharing my Autumn favourites. It feels so good to be back in the YouTube game! I have so many ideas and footage ready for lots more videos in December and the new year.
- We woke up to snow in Leek! I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen snow in November; it was so magical.
- I received a letter from my new pen-pal, Mandy, who contacted me after watching my pen-pal video. Her letter was so sweet; I’ve just finished my reply today, ready to send out this week.
- ‘Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp’ was released, and I am obsessed! It is SO. DAMN. CUTE.!!! GAAAAAAH!
…and now – to celebrate the full moon – I’m off to have a special pamper night, including a bath and face mask! See you soon sisters.
Peace and love,