Another month has been and gone! Welcome to July, and my regular monthly post celebrating all the little things that made me smile during the last few weeks. What have been some highlights for you this June? Let me know in the comments, or via Instagram or Facebook.
My Happy Highlights for June 2018…
- Gradually adding more art work and products to my corner of Gallery Twenty. I currently have framed originals, limited edition prints, notebooks, stickers, printed greetings cards and handmade collage cards. There are lots more products on the way, and possibly something slightly less tangible… Stay tuned for updates!
- Went out on another lovely cinema-and-delicious-food date with Fraz – our monthly treat!
- Finished a self-portrait commissioned by my dad, and I am so, SO pleased with the result! It is now my profile picture on my social media accounts, and you can see it below too. If you would like a similar portrait of yourself or a loved one, head over to my Etsy shop!
- Posted two long overdue pen-pal letters! I put off finishing my replies for ages, so I was glad to finally get back in touch with my pen-pals. I have a couple of videos about pen-paling on my YouTube channel, this one was particularly popular!
- Enjoyed a couple of catch-ups with my mum and dad via phone and video calls.
- Had my heart broken into a million tiny pieces watching the film ‘Call me by your name’, and also fell in love with the soundtrack. I’m now reading the book by André Aciman to make this intimate, emotional and magical story last a little longer.
- Basking in the incredible hot sunny weather – all of that snow seems like a lifetime ago! What a contrast! Just making me even more aware of the wonderful seasons and cycles of our beautiful earth – read more about that in my last blog post.
- After feeling stuck over the Summer Solstice, I finally got myself moving again and went for a late afternoon walk around Rudyard lake; I felt like I was somewhere else, somewhere far more exotic than England! It is so nice to be able to escape and forget where you are, just a few miles from your own home.
- Went to Little Morton Hall with family for a relaxed day out, and to celebrate a birthday! Did some sketching too.
- Watched quite a few films, and sketched some of the characters whilst watching, which was fun.
- Started reading ‘Vein of gold’ by Julia Cameron – I think it will help me focus on my path, and clear my brain of the doubts and fears that often get in the way.
- Getting better and better at playing piano, plus doing some meditative improvising/messing around! And my private teaching is going well too.
- Went to a vegan fair in Stoke-on-Trent; of course we stuffed our faces with delicious vegan food!
- Spent a hot, sleepy Sunday making art that I’m really pleased with and feeling excited by a new development in my creative process and art style.
So those were my happy highlights from June, and for July – as always – I have lots of plans and projects in progress. Fingers crossed I can achieve my goal of a blog post every Friday this month!
Until next time, stay creative sisters.
Peace and love,